Polishcoaldaily will be 4th Coaltrans Poland conference Media Partner. Specially for our readers, Coaltrans Conferences provides you with a discount codes, thanks to which your organization can save 10% when registering.
With a brand new Ministry of Energy in place, there is a lot of speculation over what will happen to Poland’s coal industry. Deputy Minister for Energy Grzegorz Tobiszowski has spoken out strongly in favour of Polish coal, however there are a number of questions which remain unanswered:
- Will the state’s unprofitable mines simply be restructured yet again or will we begin to see closures?
- Is private investment the solution to saving Polish coal mines? If so, how and where should it happen?
- Could the plan for power companies to take over Polish mines be successful, or will it simply drag down their profits?
- What are the developments in Ukraine’s coal industry and how does this impact Poland?
- How competitive is Polish coal compared to the rest of Europe and CEE?
All of these questions and more will be covered by our partners at the 4th Coaltrans Poland conference on 10-11 May in Krakow.
It promises to be an exciting event with speakers from Kompania Weglowa, EDF Paliwa, and the developer of the Silesian Coal project in Orzesze, HMS Bergbau AG.
Plus, as a reader of Polishcoaldaily, you get a discount of 10% by using the code COALIMP10 when registering.